Escape to Kei Mouth on the Wild Coast
Welcome to Kei Mouth Guest Lodge
Come and stay for a while between your travels and soak up the glorious splendour of the Wild Coast, its incredible nature and empty beaches. Get sandy feet, enjoy relaxed walks, do a Fish Eagle River Cruise or paddling adventure, go deep sea fishing or experience a beach ride with Wild Coast Horse Trails. Kei Mouth is perfectly located for a 2 or 3 night stop over on your South African road trip. Midway between Ado Elephant Part, Port Elizabeth and the mighty Drakensberg en-route to Kruger Park - Our relaxed hospitality welcomes you.
* A lovely room with double bed & en-suite bathroom * Ideal for single person or couple * Private entrance & patio
* A spacious family room with king size bed (or twin) * bunk beds for children * En-suite bathroom.
* Is a suite with king size bed (or twin) & en-suite bathroom * Open channel TV * Private entrance & patio,
Each room if fully serviced to meet stringent health & hygiene protocol to ensure that you stay and travel safely.
- To ensure thorough cleaning and sanitation check in is between 15.oo and 19.00 pm only and check out is by 10.00 am
- Guest staying for one or two nights are able to remain isolated from other guests as each room is self contained, with separate entrances and equipped to provide you with the basic facilities.
- There are several restaurants in Kei Mouth or bring your own meal to prepare.
- All rooms have the following ...
- * kettle with tea & coffee making facilities * small microwave * small fridge * a light breakfast snack tray * free Wifi * more here ...
what to do & where to go
The most important thing to remember on the Wild Coast is to relax and kick back into African time; but for those that need to do more...
- Walks & hikes around Kei Mouth, Morgan Bay and across the Kei
- Horse riding - for everyone!
- Beach - walks, chilling, swimming, fishing
- Ferry crossing into Transkei
- Kei Mouth Country Club (golf)
- Kei Mouth Bowls Club
- Cliffs at Morgan Bay
- Abseiling in Morgan Bay
- Township Tour
- Day trips to Trennerys & Seagulls
- Fish Eagle River Cruise
- Deep Sea Fishing Day
- Hikes to Waterfalls
- There are some awesome mountain biking and off road running tracks.
- There are several local restaurants in the village, bookings essential.
horse riding holidays
Kei Mouth is home to Wild Coast Horse Riding Adventures. We have horse rides available to suite every level of rider from never been on a horse before to 7 night trails up the coast for advanced riders. For those just staying for a night or two we can recommend one of our half day or full day rides. The 4 night 5 day Mini Beach Trail and 2 night 3 day riding package is very popular.
Deep Sea Fishing & River Cruises
Join Clint on a deep sea fishing charter to catch the big one, or enjoy a leisurely cruise up the Kei River on the Fish Eagle River Barge.
* Bird watching * Fishing * Cycads * possible whales & dolphin sightings *